Skip to the content

Kansas Auto Insurance

couple in carWhat is Auto Insurance?
When you buy an auto insurance policy, you are buying several specific coverages. Each coverage protects you against a different type of loss. A brief description of the six basic coverages is provided here.

Bodily Injury Liability Coverage – Pays for the other person’s medical expenses, rehabilitation, funeral costs, and other covered costs in a traffic accident if you or your named insureds are at fault. It will also pay for a settlement of a lawsuit if one is brought against you and for your legal expenses.

Property Damage Liability Coverage – Pays when you or your named insureds damage someone’s property in an auto accident. This coverage pays for the repair, replacement, or cash value of the other owner’s property. It will also pay for your legal expenses if litigation is brought against you or your named insureds.

Personal Injury Protection (PIP or No-fault) – Pays for the medical expenses, rehabilitation, funeral expenses, lost wages, and in-home assistance for you and your passengers injured in an accident, regardless of who is at fault. Passengers who own their own cars collect under their policy.

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Protection – Pays you or your passengers for medical, rehabilitation, and funeral costs. It also pays settlements of lawsuits resulting from an accident caused by an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run motorist. You and your family are covered as pedestrians or when riding your bike.

Collision pays for the repair of your car in a collision or rollover.

Comprehensive pays for damage to your auto resulting from windstorm, fire, hail, etc. Comprehensive car insurance coverage pays for damage or loss to your car that results from causes other than collision. Most comprehensive coverages reimburse you for losses in situations such as hail, wind, fire, vandalism, theft, damage caused by falling objects like trees or debris, and other incidents like hitting a deer.



The State of Kansas law mandates that every automobile insurance policy sold in the state must have these minimum coverages.

Liability coverage

  • $25,000/person for bodily injury
  • $50,000/accident for bodily injury
  • $25,000/accident for property damage
  • Personal injury protection (PIP or No-Fault)

Minimum amount required by Kansas law:

  • $4,500/person for medical expenses
  • $900/month for one year for disability/loss of income
  • $25/day for in-home services
  • $2,000 for funeral, burial, or cremation expense
  • $4,500 for rehabilitation expense
  • Survivor Benefits: Disability/loss of income up to $900/month for one year
  • In-home services up to $25/day for one year
  • Uninsured/Underinsured

    • $25,000/person
    • $50,000/accident

    Make Sure and Ask About Us About Your Possible Insurance Discounts

    • Bundle – Auto/home insurance on the same policy or with the same company
    • Multicar – Two or more cars on a policy
    • Driver Education Courses
    • Good student for drivers under age 25
    • Mature driver (between 50 and 65 years of age)
    • Anti-theft devices
    • Low Mileage Driver
    • Carpooler
    • Clean driving record
    • Accident-free record
    • Motor Vehicle Accident Prevention Course

    Click here to fill out our Kansas Auto Quote Form

    For more information visit

    Affordable Auto Insurance For The Entire State of Kansas, including:
    Wichita, Overland Park, Kansas City, Olathe, Topeka, Lawrence, Shawnee, Lenexa, Manhattan, Salina, Hutchinson, Leavenworth, Leawood, Dodge City, Garden City, Derby, Pittsburg, Prairie Village Galena, Riverton, and Baxter Springs.

    Hardship Drivers License offers free, comparative quotes on Kansas Auto Insurance from multiple insurance carriers so you can get the best possible rate.

    Want to see how much we can save you? Just request a quote to find out.